Hector Rodriguez is an experimental software artist whose work investigates the specific possibilities of information technologies to reconfigure our experience of moving images and our relation to film history.
His work integrates video art with mathematics and computer science, exploring the tension between digital abstraction and cinematic representation.
- Inside is not the Opposite of Outside, Bronx Art Center, New York, US.
- International Festival of Digital Art and New Media, Athens, Greece.
- Visions of Hearing, Taipei Digital Art Center, Taiwan.
- Naoussa International Film Festival, Municipal Theater, Noussa, Greece.
- Kuala Lumpur Experimental Video Festival, Annexe Gallery, KL, Malaysia.
- Asian Experimental Video Festival, Ox Warehouse/Macau Foundation, Macao.
- Writing Machine Collective, Youth Square, Hong Kong.
- AllArtNow International New Media Art Festival, AllArtNow, Damascus, Syria.
- Artsdepot Open exhibition, Apthorp Gallery, London, UK.
- Electro_online, ElectroFringe Festival, Newcastle, Australia.
- Athens Video Art Festival, Athens, Greece.
- Cities of Desire,, Galerie IG Bildende Kunst, Vienna, Austria.
- Digitalogue, Hong Kong Museum of Art, Hong Kong.
- Distorsiones, Naderias, Documentos y Relatos, Atlantic Center for Modern Art, Las Palmas, Spain.
- Writing Machine, 1a Space Gallery, Hong Kong.
- Playground, Kao Yuan Art Center, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Hong Kong Art Biennial, HK Museum of Art, Hong Kong.
- 64th International Leipzig Festival for Documentary and Animated Film, Leipizig, Germany.
- Finalist, Graphics Meets Games Competition, Eurographics, Austria.
- Best work (Digital Moving Images), Hong Kong Art Biennial, HK Museum of Art.